Bring to mind a beautiful, well-designed space you've been in before that makes you feel good just thinking about it. Maybe it's a friend's home, a stylish hotel, chic store or fashionable restaurant. Or perhaps you haven't even physically been there, but you've seen a photo on Pinterest you really like or are thinking of a scene in a movie, TV show or an Architectural Digest video tour.
Do you have that visual and sensory memory in mind that really lights you up? Great. Now I'd like you to close your eyes for just a moment and imagine yourself moving around in that room, opening up all of your senses.
Welcome back...to your screen ; ). I would guess that there are multiple sources of light in this lovely room that you thought of, maybe some unusual furniture or art, color, texture and pattern to feed your eye. Maybe there's a plant or two and possibly your sense of smell is engaged, along with the music or sounds you're hearing. The overall effect is that you feel inspired to show up as the best version of yourself while you're there.
Now, if you're home, have a look around, or if you're not there, think of what your home looks like. Do you feel the same sense of delight and excitement that you did when you imagined being in a space you enjoy, surrounded by furnishings that make you happy and reflect your best self? If not, I would love to support you in bridging that gap.
I'm on a mission to empower my clients to become their own best decorators and their own most thoughtful hosts. This can be done with a lot of money or very little. It's more about the mindset shift, curiosity and interest in learning how to feel more confident in decorating a home in a way that you love based on design principles and hospitality values.
I'm not a trained interior designer, though I have been sourcing unusual, delightful and oftentimes extremely undervalued home decor for myself for 20+ years and now clients for the past three years. I'm also bringing a decade of NYC restaurant experience and applying that hospitality intelligence to improving the quality of life you experience at home. If I could be my own most gracious host and decorator while working in a restaurant and now as a mom to a toddler (and dog mom to a Mini Aussie who eats all of said toddler's toys), then you can too. There is so much incredible, underpriced, one-of-a-kind decor to be found online. And I mean stupidly underpriced, like $15 for a lamp that sells for $480 on Etsy. Since I can't buy all of the treasures I find for myself, I'm motivated to help you find gems that create more joy in your home.
What I'm most excited about is sharing with you how to create a big shift in how you feel at home by implementing small, affordable changes at your own pace.
. . .
1. You'll receive an intake form and request to email photos of problem areas or anything you want to change about your decor, as well as to share images of homes and furnishings you love.
2. We'll do a 45-minute home or room review via Zoom or FaceTime. You choose the scope. We can go big picture, focus in on some vexing details or a mix of both. I'll listen and take copious notes while you share what is working and what needs to change and give some suggestions as well. That includes lighting, finding a home for clutter, reviewing and possibly repurposing your belongings, deciding what to sell (and best practices for selling), donate, repair, paint, reupholster, and the most fun part: what to shop for and where to find it. The focus here is on decision making and prioritization related to furniture, art, lighting, decor, kitchen items, paint color choices and finishing details, not structural or DIY building projects involving power tools : ). I have a lot of value to offer, but some things are better left to designers, architects and TaskRabbit handymen. Speaking of, you could book a 50-minute call with a designer on TheExpert for $2,000, which in many ways is actually a good deal for clients looking for advice from a specific designer. Whereas I'm here to coach you on how to shop like a decorator or vintage store owner. Think sourcing a gorgeous Moroccan rug for half the price of retail in the US, picking a wall color or wallpaper, swapping out plastic light switch covers for brass ones, applying important Feng Shui principles, buying some additional lamps or sconces, how high to hang art and curtains, etc. And in the kitchen, the wonders of Maldon salt, freshly cracked black pepper, and lighting underneath cabinets. As for timing, I'm in Philadelphia on EST and can make afternoons and evenings work, as well as weekends.
3. Detailed recap email(s) full of resources and customized action plan based on your priorities, budget and timeline.
I'll share what I've learned over two decades about sourcing undervalued vintage, handmade and pre-loved decor that will ideally save you at least 3x the price of this service on purchases in the immediate future and much more in the long run. I prefer to avoid big chains and retail prices for the most part, except when it comes to bedding, linens and some basics, for the sake of saving money and giving new life to the special, inimitable things that already exist. Facebook Marketplace can become an absolute treasure trove once you train the algorithm to serve up what you like. I also frequently scan Etsy, Chairish, 1stDibs and so many small shops and resellers on Instagram. There are way too many to list here. I'll also include suggested keywords based on what you're looking to find, as well as links to my favorite stores and IG accounts to follow.
4. If you're on Instagram, I'll DM several accounts that I think will work best for you.
5. 30-minute follow-up call. Maybe you're getting bogged down with one specific task, need clarity on something in the email, or need encouragement and a cheerleader to praise your progress. Let's work through it. My intention is for you to feel empowered as a decorator, amped about what you're learning and excited to continue creating a beautiful, nourishing home where you feel relaxed and happy.
. . .
This in-depth consultation and action plan is available for only $444 through 4/4. Can't wait to meet you! If you have questions before booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.